This class has been created to encourage the healthy development of mental and physical capabilities in children age 6-12.
We focus on stability, strength, balance, mental clarity, breathing and calming the mind. A portion of this class focuses on meditation, breathing and relaxation techniques that children can use at home, at school, or anywhere when they are feeling overwhelmed, angry, upset, or stressed.
Kid’s yoga classes are a wonderful way to in-crease children’s co-ordination, self-awareness, confidence and self esteem while they stretch and strengthen their bodies. Using yoga, children can learn to relax, concentrate and be gentle in a fun and creative environment. Introducing your children to yoga at an early age can help them learn healthy lifestyle habits and set the foundation for a fit future
You are never too young (or too old) to start Yoga – Kid’s yoga classes are a wonderful way to increase children’s co-ordination, self-awareness, confidence and self esteem while they stretch and strengthen their bodies. Using yoga, children can learn to relax, concentrate and be gentle in a fun and creative environment.
Introducing your children to yoga at an early age can help them learn healthy lifestyle habits and set the foundation for a fit future. Yoga poses and exercises that children of all ages can enjoy cultivating self-health, relaxation, and inner fulfillment and body awareness.
Children between the ages of 6 and 12 lead busy and exciting lives… it is not only important to make sure that they are getting lots of physical activity and learning new things, but also to help them develop positive coping mechanisms that they are able to apply to situations in their daily lives.
Physical benefits of kid’s yoga
- Supports growing bodies and tones the body, stabilizing core muscles and maintaining joint mobility
- Teaches how to use their bodies in a healthy way.
- Develops good posture and helps maintain a child’s natural flexibility
- Supports the immune, respiratory, circulatory systems
- Helps to prevent sports injury
- Improves co-ordination and balance
- Develops body awareness.
- Teaches techniques in helping body to relax
- Improves sleep
Mental + emotional benefits of Kids Yoga
- Develops stress management techniques; breathing, awareness, meditation and healthy movement.
- Helps to build a positive relationship with the body
- Builds social confidence as kids interact with kindred spirits
- Releases day to day anxieties such as separation issues, bullying, lethargy and feelings of negativity
- Offers a space to release excess energy
- Allows children to explore their intuitive nature and their individual spirituality
- Brings clarity through relaxation techniques
- Gives experiences of stillness to the mind
- Improves memory retention which helps children learn more easily
- Builds concentration, slows brain patterns, making information easier to absorb
- Offers a space for children to express themselves in a physical way
- Creates a deeper sense of self awareness
- Increase their confidence and positive self-image.
- Encourages being part of a supportive, non-competitive group.
Join us for this 6 week Yogi Juniors series running Saturday mornings from 8:30 to 9:30am starting Saturday May 6th through June 10th
Recommended age 6-12
- 6 weeks for $60
- Drop in $12
- 2nd child receives $10 off the package or $2 off drop in price
cash, cheque or e-transfer accepted